We have years of experience caring for families, from all walks of life. Each family comes to us because they know we are leaders in our profession, dedicated to excellence in service, and have the highest integrity.
Vincent Funeral Home was established in 1946 by Benjamin Peebles Vincent, who attended William and Mary College and graduated from Cincinnati College of Embalming, where he received the Ivan P. Bouscher Award for outstanding work in the field of restorative art.
Ben and his wife, Clarine B. Vincent, moved to West Point, VA in December of 1945 and operated Carlton Funeral Home, which had been located on 7th and Lee Streets. In December of the following year, Ben and Clarine purchased the business and established Vincent Funeral Home. The business relocated twice in its early years, first to 12th and Lee Streets and again to the current location at 417 11th Street. There, Ben and Clarine raised their three children (Ben, Jr., Dale and Christopher), and operated the family business.
Ben oversaw the operation of Vincent Funeral Home until his death in 1967 when Clarine assumed the responsibility for the family owned and operated business. She managed the funeral home until Chris P. Vincent, the second generation of Vincents to become licensed funeral directors and embalmers, took over in 1976. Clarine remained an active part of the funeral home until her death in 1995. After Clarine's passing, Chris' wife, Robyn came to work with him full-time as the office manager. In the next eleven years, their three children, Chris, Jr., Benjamin and Jessica would all come to work at the funeral home.
Chris, Jr. became a licensed funeral director and embalmer in 2000. Six years later, in 2006, Benjamin became a licensed funeral director and embalmer. In June of that same year the Vincent Funeral Home opened a second chapel at 9923 Pocahontas Trail, Providence Forge, VA. The same month, Jessica began working as the office manager of the new chapel.
We are proud to continue the tradition of our family serving yours.